cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
temp9999
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Scanner is busy issue

HP Recommended
officejet 6820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since a few weeks I cannot scan and the message I receive is "The scanner is busy. Wait for the scanner to finish ...."

To my awareness there is no open job, I updated all drivers, the firmware, the software so we should be fine from that point.

WE also unplugged / rebooted the scanner, the router but it did not help

We can print without any problems.

We are print / scan wireless

We are connected to the scanner from several devices, we can all print.

Desperate for a solution.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
temp9999
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps to add to my/your confusion

We added an epson scanner/printer and had a similar issue - with a similar message / problem.

Switching back to the hp printer/scanner we now receive a msg

Turn the printer off / on again. If the problem persists the scanner has become damaged and cannot copy or scan.

However I am not sure if thee scanner is really broken as we have a similar problem with the epson and the "broken" msg just cam up now

We tried all steps we found related to this issue, however stopping at editing the registry.

Thanks for your help

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation