Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 6032
iOS

Following update to HP Smart app on iOS, I’m having random problems scanning from the printer. I’ve gone through various checks and even deleted and reinstalled the app. All no good. Problem occurs on various iOS devices iPhone XS and iPad mini 3.

error message reads:

”Scanning from the printer is not available when connected remotely. To scan, use this app to scan using the camera.”

Devices are all on the same 5ghz WiFi network and I can print without issues (so far!).

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Dino11 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

An idea...

If you have not done so,

Make sure all the devices are running the latest version of the HP Smart application.

There have been recent application version updates for HP Smart Mobile / Mac / Windows

What else?

Restart everything, including your router...

References / Resources...

User Guide

and the How-to document here:

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first.

Open the section for your printer series  >  Find your printer and supported applications.

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

iOS_Here

HP Smart - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Apple Store Preview – HP Smart

Compatibility

iPhone

Requires iOS 13.0 or later

iPad

Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later

iPod touch

Requires iOS 13.0 or later

HP Printers - Printing with Apple AirPrint (iOS)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 6032 All-In-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yeah thanks for the reply. To clarify, the problem has only started once I updated the HP Smart app recently. I’ve checked for more updates but I’m on latest version. Latest version of iOS and I’ve restarted everything. No change.

HP Recommended

Yeah thanks for the reply. To clarify, the problem has only started once I updated the HP Smart app recently. I’ve checked for more updates but I’m on latest version. Latest version of iOS and I’ve restarted everything. No change.

HP Recommended

@Dino11 

@Dino11 wrote:

You are welcome.

Understood.

If all devices on the network are on the latest version of the application for that device, then that is not the issue.

Unsure - it sounds like a connection issue but it's more likely something tangled up in the Application.

?

If you have not done so,

If the router being used for both 2.4 and 5GHz,

Make sure the router is broadcasting on both bandwidths,

Make sure each (band) is assigned a unique SSID network name for that bandwidth.

Passwords can be the same for both bands.

Each device on the network should be connected to the SSID network appropriate for that device.

Not relevant?  Ignore as not useful to the situation...

SSID_Dual_Band_Example_2SSID_Dual_Band_Example_2

Assuming this is something that worked previously, it should still work, of course.

If I think of anything else, I'll post back.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks, yes this was not an issue previously. I suspect it’s a bug in the app as nothing else has been changed and is the same issue on both of my devices.

HP Recommended

@Dino11 

Well, the recent updates were issued to fix a previous bug (Printer Status Unknown).

If there is another - and you are the unfortunate one to discover it - the bug will be fixed when there is a solution a available.

If I -- or another Expert or Agent - have anything else to offer, we will post back.

You can also ask your question again - Post a new question - add the details we covered here and see what comes back... 

I don't think iOS is the issue ...

Just in case, Check for any iOS updates in your device Settings (these usually show an alert on the Settings icon on the Homepage so the idea is a leap over deep water).

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help with this. I tried again this morning (20th April 2021) but still have the same problem. Checked the Apple App Store for updates and HPsmart app has a new update dated today, version 8.5.1. Some quick testing after updating and this appears to have resolved the problem so it probably was a bug introduced recently. I’ll continue to test to make sure!

Again, many thanks.

HP Recommended

@Dino11 

You are welcome.

I am hoping the update dust will settle soon.  Smiling.

Stay Safe.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.