Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color LaserjetMFP M277dw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Good afternoon,

I've hit the limits of my frustration and am hoping the greater minds here can assist. I have a Color LaserjetMFP M277dw and the primary client for printing and scanning is a MacBook Pro running OS Catalina 10.15.6. All of my software is up to date. All drivers are up to date. All wireless routers are fully functional (my network at home is fully stable with 31 devices connected both wired and wirelessly, most with MAC ID reservations). My primary issues are:

1) Printing from PDF - Aside from printing as an image, this printer consistently fails to print larger PDF's. I have Adobe fully updated. It will print anything else, including images, Word docs, etc...however it fails more often than not on PDF's. From what I have seen online, this is a years old issue with HP, and I cannot for the life of me understand why. In this day and age, the inability to seamlessly edit, sign and print PDF's can make a device worthless. I have tried every solution I have found online, and have already completely uninstalled and reinstalled both everything HP and everything Adobe.

2) Scanning stability. This has been an issue from the start with this device, and just so it's said, I have had multiple different wireless routers installed (currently the Netgear Orbing AX-6000 with satellite) and the same issue persists. The issue is that the system will scan 2-3 pages, and then the scanner will "encounter an error". I'll have to clear a jam (which isn't a jam, it's merely where the scan stops when the error happens) and try again. It does this almost every time using the HP Easy Scan utility and every other importer I have. I'm simply unclear as to why this is so unstable.

3) Waking the device. The only way to wake this device from sleep is to use a utility I have called ipScanner and send a "Wake on LAN" packet to the printer prior to attempting to use it (unless of course I want to go upstairs and turn it off and back on). There has never been a time when I could simply print a document nor attempt to scan something and have the wake process function properly.

I know that's a lot to answer, but before I take this device and throw it out the window along with swearing off every HP product for the rest of my life, I thought I would ask your learned opinions. I sincerely appreciate any feedback you provide! Have a great evening.

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@captaindan, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much @TEJ1602 . I’ll be on the lookout for something from HP.

Best,

Dab

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.