Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281fdw

Hello,

Ever since I have purchased my printer, it has scanned everything (both Document Feeder and Scanner Glass inputs) at a consistent 1* angle tilted to the right.   The guidelines are set correctly, the media is not tilted, I've tried recalibrating, but nothing seems to fix this problem.  It makes my scans look unprofessional and I have to manually edit each pdf.  I would please appreciate a way to fix this problem so that my scans will output properly. 

Warm regards

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Fxps

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Do you experience the same issues with Photocopy or while printing?

Meantime please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware and perform the realignment

- Turn on the printer.

- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.

- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

- Wait at least 60 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

Firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response. 

The issue does not happen when printing, only when scanning and photocopying.  I am guessing it has something to do with the scanner.

I have tried the methods you have kindly suggested, however, it has not solved the problem.

Are there any other steps I could take to solve the scanner alignment issue?

HP Recommended

This seems to be a Hardware issue probably a slight misalignment in the Scanner bulb

I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sadly, although my printer is relatively new, it appears to be out of warranty, and the only option I have is to consult this forum. 

HP Recommended

I noticed also since the recalibration that the scanner glass scans come out straight, but the tilt is always with the document feeder - every scan from the feeder always tilts the same way, regardless of how many papers or how I put the papers in.  Maybe there is something related to my feeder input?  Would there be a way to check if maybe it is a document feeder roller problem or something? 

Thank you again

HP Recommended

Try cleaning the paper feed rollers

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14...

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I wish I had good news!  But unfortunately, cleaning the rollers didn't fix the tilt.   The only thing that sometimes works is if I start the scan while the ATP roller is open, then feed the paper, and close the ATP lid in timing as the paper is fed in, but that is an unfeasible (and possibly damaging) way to use the printer.    I'm starting to think perhaps the problem is actually a manufacturing issue built into the printer?   I have noticed numerous unresolved complaints in this regard for the Laserjet printers. 

HP Recommended

This sounds like a Hardware issue

I suggest you contact H Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.