Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I optimistically await a reply as well since I also suffer from the same issue with my office jet pro 9025. Even though it happened to me suddenly without any change in my configuration, it's good to know I'm not alone in this issue. I also have completely reset my entire printer and followed all of the troubleshooting steps so I know the issue is not with me. Thank you HP for finally addressing this. This feature is key for me in my home office.

HP Recommended

@MayS

Any update on this. Would be great to have a firmware pushout that fixes it!!

HP Recommended

My HP support case was just closed because of the research referenced by Rodrigo and May. At this point, this thread is the only access I have to updates, so I hope we hear something again soon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Research, as in “We’re looking into it?”

HP Recommended

***HP UPDATE***

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update to let you know that our team is still working on this and we keep monitoring for updates.

Thanks for you patience.

I work on behalf of HP.

HP Recommended

@PalenoRafael That's great, but it really should be easily fixable. Could someone from your team just do it?? It has been many months now since an integral capacity of this device was suddenly decommissioned. What does it mean that "We keep monitoring for updates?" Aren't you the people DOING the updates?

HP Recommended

@PalenoRafael Could you please light a fire under the team that is "working" on this. It has been 5 months since we have lost this functionality on the 9000 series, and I'm sure that if top leadership knew this was how HP was run at the middle levels there would be hell to pay. As a previously satisfied customer I am certainly gravitating to replacing my little fleet of HP printers with Epson.

HP Recommended

@RodrigoB Is there really no hope for this to be resolved? If HP has decided to degrade the capability of the 9000 series and drop Shortcuts, please tell us. If it is actually "being worked on" it should have been fixed by now. Really! What's up with this? Please advise.

HP Recommended

@MayS It's been a month since you posted that, and over 5 months since this problem began. When will it be solved? Is it actually being worked on at all or is this a bad joke???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.