Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9014

Today, after 1 month of waiting for the delivery, I received and installed a new OfficeJet Pro. I am able to print over the network. I am able to define multiple SmartTasks. My SmartTasks shall forward a scan to an e-mail address or store it on OneDrive. So far so good.

However, executing the SmartTasks is a lottery with a success chance of < 10%.

• Starting the smartTask from the scanner always results in an error message that it cannot connect to the server.
  • Starting the smartTask from the MacBook using HP Smart, the preview of the scan works fine. After hitting the Start SmartTask button, I get an error message "There was a problem running your Smart Task. Please try again.". After the 3rd retry, I get the message "There was a problem running your Smart Task. Please try running your Smart Task again.
  • Starting the SmartTask from an iPad is the same experience as with the MacBook.

I did about 30-40 SmartTasks attempts. So far, I was able to successfully store one single document to my Onedrive folder and one single scan successfully was sent to my gmail account. This shows that in principle, the SmartTask works.

I am very disappointed  with this experience. Is there a way to get this fixed? As the scanner promptly and reliably responds with scanning documents, the network connection does not seem to be an issue. As the errors occur on the printer, a MacBook or an iPad, it seems that the printer either cannot connect to the SmartTask server or the SmartTask server is not capable to process the requests.

Any help is appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mfehr,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve any connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
  2. Turn off the printer.
  3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
  4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
  5. Turn on the printer.
  6. Turn on the computer.
  7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Let's disable webservices and re-enable it

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it

If the issue persists,

Check the Internet proxy server settings

For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.

1. Locate the Internet proxy settings.
    • Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
      The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
      From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
  2. Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
  3. Try to turn on Web Services.

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.