Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
deskjet 4100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have a new multifunction printer model deskjet 4100.

When I make a copy of a A4 at the end of the page the printer prints nothing.
about 2 cm of white space remains.

I can't do anything in the settings.

Which number can I call for open a ticket ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Think the possible reason for that is that area is out of range for the printer scanner.  Actually, the copy can be adjusted by using the Scan function from HP Smart App.  

These resources will  be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ClQ06rR0g

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUV0sXfF6zPg2uqMt6xzQowix3LmJEgBG

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
HP Recommended

Hello.
I reset the printer wifi network and redid the procedure following the video but I have the same problem. The bottom of the page is not read when copying the document. 2cm of sheet remains outside. If I scan the sheet is read correctly but if I have to copy a document I find myself with this problem.

HP Recommended

HI,

The "cutoff" is due to the printer mechanism limitation.

One suggestion is to scan and paste to a Word document to resize the image before printing.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I think this Is a big limitation for this model of hp printer. Is there another user that can try to do a copy with this model ( deskjet 4100 ) ?.

The other products haven't this limit and in the manual It doesn't write.

HP Recommended

Hi @charneval 

We just did on our DJ+ 4152 printer.

One workaround is to scan and then paste in an app and then print with option of "Fit to page". 

Document will be resized to fit to Page size.

Hope that helps! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.