Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6950
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

recently i installed new printer office jet 6950 and followed all instructions. It prints well but I have a problem with scanning. basically when i click on display on printer to scan it says "no computer found" although it is connected via wireless. 

When I open HP Easy Scan it shows me my old scanner 6800 that I don't use anymore - when i click show me scanners - it finds the new one but doesn't connect so can't scan again. 

I am very bad with settings and my english is not native so please help me with very simple instructions on what to do. 

thank you so much!!Schermata 2021-03-25 alle 19.18.03.pngSchermata 2021-03-25 alle 19.18.14.pngSchermata 2021-03-25 alle 19.18.19.png
Miana 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

i don't know why i can't upload photos. 

HP Recommended

now i can see that photos of my problem have been uploaded. so, can anyone help me with this please?

HP Recommended

@miana

Welcome to HP Support Community! 

  

Try the solutions below, and then try to add your printer to HP Easy Scan. 

• Update HP Easy Scan: Open HP Easy Scan. On the upper bar, click HP Easy Scan, click Check for Updates, and then install any available updates. 

Checking for updates in HP Easy Scan

• Run Apple Software Update: Click the Apple menu  

, click System Preferences, and then search for and install any available updates. 

If none of the above solutions worked, try scanning with another app, such as Apple Image Capture. 

  

Scan with Apple Image Capture 

  

Apple Image Capture comes with macOS and OS X and provides a quick and simple way to scan. 

Apple Image Capture

• Place the document or photo print side down on the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid. 

If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. 

• Open Finder  

, and then click Go in the top menu bar. 

• Click Applications, and then double-click Image Capture. 

• Click your printer name in the Devices or Shared list. 

• Click Show Details at the bottom of the screen. 

A preview of the scan displays, and then change any of the following settings: 

• Scan Mode: Select the scanning bed or automatic document feeder. 

• Kind: Set scan as color, black and white, or optimized for text only documents. 

• Resolution: Higher resolution produces better quality images by using more dots (pixels) per inch. Higher resolution increases the file size of the scan. Use a higher resolution for scans with graphics or items that require the best detail. If you are scanning black and white text, higher resolution is not necessary. 

• Size: Use a standard paper size or select the Use Custom Size option. 

• Scan to: Select the folder you want scans to save to or use the Mail option to attach the scan to an Apple Mail email message. 

• Name: Type a name for the saved scan file. 

• Format: Select the file type for the scan. 

NOTE:   

To save multiple page documents or multiple images into a single file, select the PDF or TIFF format, and then select the box next to Combine into single document. This feature is only available with these formats. 

• Image Correction: Click the pop-up menu, and then select Manual to display color change options such as brightness and saturation. 

• Click Scan. 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi Sandy, thanks for your kind reply and standard instructions. I've done all of that. Updated app and system - used Apple image capture and so on. The problem here is different. When I click on my printer office jet 6950 display to choose SCAN it says "no computer found" although I do print from pc to my printer without problems. so these two are connected. when I open HP Easy Scan it recognises my old printer 6800 that i do not use anymore and can't connect to new one 6950. Please have a look to photos I attached above. When I open Apple Image Capture it says "waiting to connect..." (to new printer) but it doesn't happen. it is somehow frozen. please read carefully my explanations, see photos and answer me on what to do. I appreciate it very much HP customer service, best regards Ana
HP Recommended

@miana

It sounds like Scan to Computer is disabled on your Mac. Enabling Scan to the computer using HP Utility may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/946f6e5f-68db-4b93-a3ad-831e2c463488.default.png

3.) Try to scan.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy, 

thanks for reply. When I opened this new printer from original box, i found inside a guide on how to install apps which are needed for best performance. I installed HP SMART which seems to be latest version of Hp Utility.  Plus I installed HP Easy Scan. 

Anyway following your precious instructions I installed software point 1.

Point 2 I enabled scan to Macbook and alleluia I made some progress but haven't resolved it completely.

1) on printer display when I choose option scan -select a computer -  it DOES RECOGNISE my Macbook but when I click on it says following:

connecting...

scan unsuccessful

one or more following problems..

- connection to computer has been lost

- the scan application on computer is in use (Not True)

- An OCR app is not installed. 

What should i do next?

thanks and regards

ps. can't wait to click "accept as solution"

HP Recommended

@miana

To isolate the issue, please perform a ping test and share the results- 

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon Machine generated alternative text:

 on the printer 

2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box 

3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings 

4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost. 

Note: There should be 0% packet loss 

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.