Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my old scanner 4300c do not have driver competible to my win 10 64 bit pc please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @francisconnect,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP ScanJet 4300c scanner does not have a compatible driver for your Windows 10 64-bit PC, you may face challenges as older devices may not have official driver support for newer operating systems. However, you can try the following steps to see if there's a workaround.

Windows Update: Make sure your Windows 10 operating system is fully updated. Sometimes, Windows Update includes drivers for various devices. Connect your scanner to the PC and run Windows Update to check for any available driver updates.

Compatibility Mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file for your scanner.
  • Select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab.
  • Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for."
  • From the dropdown menu, select an older version of Windows (e.g., Windows 7 or Windows XP).
  • Click "Apply" and then "OK."
  • Try running the setup file again.

Virtual Machine: If none of the above solutions work, you can try using a virtual machine with an older version of Windows that supports your scanner. Install a virtualization tool like VirtualBox, create a virtual machine with an older Windows version, and install the scanner drivers within the virtual machine.

Remember that using older devices with newer operating systems may not always be successful due to hardware and software compatibility issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.