Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Samsung ProXpress SL-C2680FX Color Laser Multifunction Printer

My secondhand Samsung laserprinter leaves dark spots on double sided scans through the ADF. It's always the bottom page left side. When I bought it and did the first scan it had a piece paper stuck on the exact spot. After removing the paper and cleaning the scanner glass with damp cloth no changes so have no idea why because as far I can see and feel it has no visible dirt/scratches on the scan glass.

Untitled_18112022_124352 22.26.51.jpg(piece of paper)

Untitled_18112022_124639.jpg(every other scan )

Samsung-Xpress-C1860FW-copy-door.jpg kopie.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @yuang ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

you must here:

Samsung-Xpress-C1860FW-copy-door..png

clean this glass surface intensively!

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andr-1611

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Hi @Andr-1611,

I cleaned both sides with damp cloth (water) without any visible improvements. So far I can tell its the top scanner (double sided) because its always the bottom page of the paper showing the dark spots. 

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-23 om 21.44.42.png

HP Recommended

Hi Yuang.

Thank you for the picture.

Some contaminations cannot be seen with the eyes. Therefore, use a magnifying glass and examine the area in question closely.

Andr-1611

HP Recommended

@Andr-1611

hate bother you again, but unfortunately not even a slight improvement after almost scrub cleaning with damp towel. The glass on both side are spotless and scratch free so im very confused what could cause the darkening. 

IMG_3107.jpeg

IMG_3104.jpeg

HP Recommended

@yuang 

Test, A4 paper blank:
1st page with a "1" in the middle and
2nd page with a "2" in the middle
Scan the A4 sheet and upload both pages here, in original.

HP Recommended

@Andr-1611

Untitled_26112022_125339.jpg

Untitled_26112022_1253391.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.