Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a hard time configuring the Scan to Email funciotn from my printer.   I've set it up successfully to a Yahoo! account, but I'd like to be able to send scans directly to my Outlook account, but to no avail.  

Starting out in the HP AiO Printer Remote from my desktop,

I enter the required information and then get different error messages depending on what port I'm using after I hit "Save and Test"  

2525:    Test Failed.  Your Printer cannot connect to the server.  Please correct the setting and try again. This message appears after many seconds.

587:      The server is not responding.  Please try again.  This message appears almost immediately.

110:      Test Failed.  Your Printer cannot connect to the server.  Please correct the setting and try again.  This message appears after many seconds.

I've received "Password Incorrect" errors in the past during this process and no longer receive those so I guess I've enterd that correctly.  

Not sure where to go next.  I'm using outlook, smtp-mail.outlook.com with "Secure Connection" selected.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Ensure the settings are as within the post below:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Scan-to-Email-is-not-working/m-p/5692328/hi...

Also ensure you have 2-Step verification disabled for your mail account, a such will prevent your printer from connecting to your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This did not solve my issue.   More information.  I was working via the HP AiO summary.  Typing that into my Cortana window in Windows 10.  I am then given a Intro Window that has an image of my printer and some status windows for each color of ink.  Along the bottom are four gray boxes titled "controls"  called Photos, Documents, Scan and Document Capture.    There are icons running along the left margin.  I click on the image of the printer, then I scroll down to 
Printer Preferences, then I select Scan, then I select the email profile I'm working on.  (there are two other email profilesthat show up there that are working fine) and then I window pops up that reads "manage email profile" but at no place to I have the options to eitehr "Validate Server Certificate" or "Server Requires Authentication"  - those two don't show up in this process.  

HP Recommended

Simply ignotre the Certificate validation, it is take from a post referring to  different model.

Beside the certificate validation any other steps are identical.

What exact results do you get while testing?

As other mail accouts works, the issue clearly related with your email accout configuration.. therefore knowing as much details may help to point you further..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I just went to outlook and lifted the information from settings.  The mail server was actually my mail.(mydomainname).com and not anything beginning with smpt- or similar.  Thanks for your help.  All works great now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.