Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp pro 8600 officejet printer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Karl_Violinist

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Karl_Violinist, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Does it happen while making photocopies as well? If yes, follow the steps from the document HP Printers - Resolving Copy Problems to isolate and resolve the issue.

Also, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

‘‘This happens on any document scan to computer. Have performed resets, plug in wall, cleaned glass and ADF rollers and glass suggested by hp. Black lines only for black and white setting. Lines are centered.

HP Recommended

@Karl_Violinist

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wanted to also update my findings to you. I have checked the voltage on power supply while scanning and printing, measures 31.7 volts without fluctuations. I don’t understand why the lines, but conclude it must be ccd cells or the lamp. I also have latest firmware. It says no new updates. I also understand that lamp replacement is extremely complicated. Thank you for responding.

HP Recommended

I asked the same question, but got no replies.  Everyone came to this post!

I too concluded it is the lamps, and that it is not worth my time to replace lighting issues. I've gotten a good 7 years out of it, but time to put it out to pasture.

HP Recommended

Karl_Violinist is not an hp employee or rep. My problem was resolved, so please stop referring questions to me.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.