Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

everytime i scan <

"there was a problem loading your smart task"

no matter what i do ie: un-install re-install, delete, add, launch, reset..

its the same old issue and its only just come about in the last 2 weeks..

i have found no hp support but support from the community with no actual help..

nothing is happening and i have been in every forom ..

well i solved the issue!!!! 

i have spent many nights trying to solve this glitch, uninstall and reload everything etc...

over and over again i get nothing just the same smart task problem...

i called [edit]  its the hp help line.. the service tech walked through it for 30 mins at at the end my printer is exacly back to normal again!!

the way he did it is all on computer "no need to touch your printer at all" 

delete everything and anything of hp on the computer..

reloud the new software that is on ,,     [edit] 

it gives a new app called " hpscan"     

use this--- error gone!! 

hope this helps as i was furious and was seconds from sending it back under warranty so i know the pain..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please chack out this link

JonW

I work for HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

To those reading:

Phone number in the previous post will be removed.

Please be aware:

123.hp.com - Printer setup from the HP® Official site

https://123.hp.com/

Welcome to the HP® Official website to setup your printer. Get started with your new printer by downloading the software. You will be able to connect the printer to a network and print across devices.

Beware of Fake 123 printer sites

• There are several “fake” sites listed (in search engines) for “123” – please make sure you are using the actual “HP” site.

• Notice the website address – the real HP site does not contain any extra verbiage. For example, there is no “setup” or other extra bits in the address.

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

Still not sure?  Ask us.

• If you are asked for money because of "issues" OR if the “help” wants to log into your computer, you are using a “fake” site. Do notgive these people your information!

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I read a solution today to say login in to HP Smart. I did this and it solved the problem. Can now use HP Smart to scan multiple pages again and no more error messages.

HP Recommended

@Kat75 

Excellent - thanks for posting your solution.

For those reading,

If, for example, you are using HP Smart for Windows 10,

Open the software

Click the "person" icon in the upper right corner

Click Sign in

Enter your HP Account login credentials

For example,

HP Community login userid and password

OR, if you have an HP Connected Account, 

HP Connected userid and password

General Example

HP_Smart_Windows10_Login_1HP_Smart_Windows10_Login_1

Reference

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you!!! Logging in worked. This has been so frustrating. 

HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please chack out this link

JonW

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.