Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4540S
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have wireless keyboard Elite V2 s/n: [Personal Information Removed] and HP X4500 wireless mouse s/n [Persona Information Removed]. Both of them has USB dongle and I have to use 2 USB ports to use them both.
My question is how to make them both to use just one USB dongle please?

Regards

BM

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bookmaster, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have two separate wirelessly keyboard and mouse and you need to know whether you can use a single dongle to sync both keyboard and mouse.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Are you using a combo wireless keyboard and mouse?

As you are using two different series of wireless keyboard and wireless mouse both the products works as the individual part you cannot sync them and use a single dongle.

You have to connect both the dongles in order to get the wireless keyboard and mouse working.

The only way you can use a single dongle on your PC is to buy a sperate combo wireless keyboard and mouse combo.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI MrRobot,

Thank you for quick reply. I am not so happy about it because I remeber that I saw somewhere that I can paire up to 5 HP devices with one dongle. This is not so good for HP w-lees users. This means I need as many dongles as I have w-less devices..... not so happy, but as I said, thank you for your quick reply.

cheers

BM

HP Recommended

@Bookmaster, It's great to hear from you again. I appreciate your generous response.

As I mentioned in my previous thread that if you have a combo wireless keyboard and mouse then you can use a single receiver.

Since you are using two different products both devices have two different hardware ID's.  

So you cannot use a single receiver to connect two different hardware's.

It is not only with HP it is with all the computer manufacturers that's how the products are designed.

However, if you want to connect multiple devices you would need to use the unifying receiver.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot,

Thank you again for your kind reply. No matter that you wrote about my question I am still a bit dissapointed about this from HP. They should make this possible. I know that I am not the only user that thought that I can use just one USB dongle if I buy 2 HP w-less products.... I will try to find that unifying receiver.

Thank you again for your kind reply

Regards

BM

HP Recommended

@Bookmaster

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Regards

Mr.Robot

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.