Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
RGS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all, 

For first, sorry my english is not so good !

I'm facing an issue with RGS software, which not allow me to disable the option "Match Receiver display resolution". This option is gray over. 

The result it's the RGS stay in full screen, and i'm not able to take screenshot to that i'm seeing. 

Another problem: I cannot open two RGS side by side. 

I want to disable "match receiver display layout" too, because I need to connect to a desktop with multiple display, and I just need to see the principle one.

I use this software on a 84' presentation touchscreen and I need to connect to another desktop PCs in meeting. 

Thanks for your help !

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

See the customer advisory here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=7275919&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05...

On laptops/notebooks with touch displays, RGS defaults to the touch interface. If a keyboard is attached, the Receiver UI may behave badly.  One of the symptoms is that Match Receiver display resolution is enabled and cannot be unchecked. Another symptom is poor performance when selecting from different IP addresses or hostnames in the RGS launcher.

To force the desktop user interface for these devices check the Force RGS to use the desktop user interface, even on tablets option in the RGS Receiver Configuration application. See the User Guide for more information.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you BeckyN for your help.

But I don't have issue with laptop, here is an issue between two desktop (sender & receiver).

And I cannot find the option "Force RGS to use the desktop user interface, even on tablets ".

This is the only problem I have, no poor performance or lag or anything else which can make thing to a connection issue.

I think my RGS software is limited or misconfigurated, but I cannot find which configuration I have to work with.

Thanks & Regards,

HP Recommended

Force Desktop option is found in the folder where you have the receiver installed.  The receiver will be installed a folder labeled Hewlett-Packard.  Launch the receiverConfigApp.exe.  it is on the General tab.  Save.  Try launching your receiver and see if you can now change the boxes.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, I'll try to find and modify it and if I still have problems I'll send it to you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.