Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

We're tetsing the new G1 640, but the graphics driver will not install through SSM.

When I look into the cva file and the only information in there is:

<HTML>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text-html; charset=UTF-8">
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Server error message </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY><H1>ISA Server: extended error message : </H1>
<PRE>200 Type set to I.
227 Entering Passive Mode (15,193,113,29,157,239)
550 /pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64170.cva: No such file or directory.

I've also connected to the HP FTP servers and browsed to that folder and it is indeed empty.

Can someone please get me a copy of this cva, or let me know what the contents are.

We aren't going to buy any of these devices until we can use our standard build process.

Tanks

Matt

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP SoftPaq Download Manager to HP PC Client Management. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have different paths between your first and last post.

The path in your first post has the CVA file you are looking for.

Please retry with the first path.

/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64170.cva

Also  - If you have already downloaded the driver with SDM, you can also click on the "Update CVA Files" at the top of the lower, right window in SDM.  This button downloads the most recent file for all softpaqs already downloaded.

sdm-update-cva.png

Richard

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson.  Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

This forum is for SDM (HP SoftPaq Download Manager).

SSM has it's own forum at: /t5/HP-PC-Client-Management/bd-p/pc-client-management#.Utamb02A1jE

Please report SSM issues there for a more SSM-tuned community.

Having that said, most issues dealing with files not being on the FTP site eventually are fixed. Please give it 24 to 48 hours.

HP Recommended

Thanks louy

I'll try again Monday and then post on there if I still have issues.

Matt

HP Recommended

I browsed the ftp site outside of SDM and can confirm the cva file is present on the mirror that my system is being directed to.

Based upon the datestamp, this file was submitted to the ftp mirrors sometime on 1/31/2014.

Although the file has a time stamp, there is not a time zone indicated so I cannot provide exactly when it occurred.

Systems that use a common driver will have a CVA file republished when a platform is added to the list of supported systems.

Check again and see if it has appeared on your mirror.

sp64170.cva

Richard

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson.  Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

HP Recommended

Thanks Richard

Unfortunately when I go ftp.hp.com:21/pub/caps-softpaq/softpaq/sp64001-64500/ the folder is still showing empty.

Is there any chance you could copy the CVA file / the contents of into this post?

Matt

HP Recommended

You have different paths between your first and last post.

The path in your first post has the CVA file you are looking for.

Please retry with the first path.

/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64170.cva

Also  - If you have already downloaded the driver with SDM, you can also click on the "Update CVA Files" at the top of the lower, right window in SDM.  This button downloads the most recent file for all softpaqs already downloaded.

sdm-update-cva.png

Richard

HP Recommended

That's got it, thanks for your help Richard.

FYI, I had tried to use the cva update, but that didn't seem to work either.

Matt

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.