Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 2-in-1
Wasted four packets of film due to this error... tried solving it with the tips given by HP but still cannot... do not wish to waste another packet of film.
So whatever i wants to print, the final product that comes out has four white lines. Used during CNY too for families and friend to see, however such thing happen...
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AmandaNeo

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that the quality of a printed photo is not as expected. 

Please follow the below steps that could fix the print quality issue.

Step 1: Use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper

ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP Sprocket Photo Paper for best results. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP Sprocket Photo Paper. If you do not use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue.

To purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper from other retailers.

If using genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Charge the Sprocket

Check the Sprocket battery level using the HP sprocket app to determine if the Sprocket needs to be charged.

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then select your sprocket in the list.

The Sprocket information screen displays.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.

• If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the Sprocket until the Status Indicator light turns off, and then continue to the next step.

Step 3: Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your sprocket in the list.

The Sprocket information screen displays.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date. Continue to the next step.

6. After upgrading the printer firmware, try to print.

If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Clean the paper path rollers

Dirt and debris on the paper path rollers can cause print quality issues. Use the blue Smartsheet® from the same pack of HP Sprocket Photo Paper currently in the printer to clean the paper path rollers.

NOTE:

To avoid print quality issues, do not use a Smartsheet® from a different pack of HP Sprocket Photo Paper.

1. Turn off the Sprocket.

2. Remove the paper cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure : Removing the paper cover

1. Slide the paper cover

2. Remove the paper cover

3. Remove any photo paper from the input tray, and then make sure the photo paper is in good condition. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

4. Reload the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the blue Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down.

NOTE:

Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure : Loading HP Sprocket Photo Paper

Loading HP Sprocket Photo Paper
  5. Close the paper cover by aligning it with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then sliding it toward the output slot until firmly seated.

6. Turn on the Sprocket, and then resend the print job.

The printer calibrates and cleans the output rollers with the blue Smartsheet®, and then prints the photo.

If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

Step 5: Other things to try

If the print quality is still unacceptable, the following tips might help improve print quality.

• Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.

• Disable the Embedded Experiences feature on the HP sprocket app. If you enabled Embedded Experiences, the print job might take longer to print and print quality might be less than expected.

For more information, go to Print Issues after Enabling Embedded Experiences.

• Make sure the lighting is sufficient to clearly see the subject of your photo. Use the flash on the Sprocket or mobile device to improve the photo quality.

• Use the HP sprocket app to adjust photo contrast and brightness. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app, and then take or select a photo you want to print. On the print preview screen, tap Edit, and then tap the Adjustments icon . Adjust the brightness and contrast, tap the Checkmark icon  to save any changes, and then tap the Print icon  .

• Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.

When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo.message might display on the HP sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.

• Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on the photo paper, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo paper.

Keep me posted.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

j.png

I Think you have misunderstood...This is what i mean about the white lines appearing in my prints. 

HP Recommended

@AmandaNeo,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Please follow the above troubleshooting steps for the same issue, these are could help in fixing various print quality issue.

If you are facing the same issue, Perform a Reset on the sprocket.

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. Remove the paper cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure: Removing the paper cover
    Removing the paper cover

1. Slide the paper cover

2. Remove the paper cover

3. Locate the reset button.

Figure: Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  4. Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The Sprocket resets and turns off.

5. Turn on the Sprocket.

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

If your product is out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.