Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP sprocket 100
iOS
So I got the hp sprocket printer yesterday, and so far have printed 15 photos all of which are bad quality photos except for one, however every single one does have one singular black line across all photos! I have reset the device, upgraded software and used the calibration paper every time, but nothing has happened and the line is still there!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jacintalanda

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case and see that you are getting print quality issues. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

Follow the below steps to fix the issue:

Charge the printer

1. Turn on the printer.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then select your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.

• If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the printer until the Status Indicator light turns green.

Upgrade the printer firmware

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date. Continue to the next step.

6. After upgrading the printer firmware, try to print.

Clean the output rollers

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure : Removing the top cover

1. Slide the top cover

2. Remove the top cover

3. Remove any photo paper from the input tray, and then make sure the photo paper is in good condition. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

4. Reload the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the blue Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down.

NOTE:

Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure : Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper

Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper
  5. Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.

Figure : Closing the top cover

1. Align the top cover

2. Slide the top cover

6. Turn on the printer, and then resend the print job.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2wUrTid

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for the reply, I have tried this multiple times and the quality slightly improved however I am still getting a black line across all prints?
HP Recommended

@Jacintalanda

You're welcome. 🙂

As @sandytechy20 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

I understand that the issue still persists and you have attempted the troubleshooting steps from the earlier post. 

You may contact our HP phone support team to explore the available service options for your HP Sprocket printer. The phone support team can be reached via this link: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Hope this works out. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Good luck! 

HP Recommended
Thankyou for your help I will try to contact the support team 🙂
HP Recommended

@Jacintalanda

You're welcome. 

Sure. And if you have any further questions the keep me posted.

Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.