Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS

We can't get my daughter's iphone 6+ to pair with the sprocket.  If it does recognize the sprocket, it says its not supported.  I can pair my Note 4 and my other daughter can pair her iphone 7+, but the 6+ won't.  We have tried toggling the bluetooth on her phone, tried resetting the sprocket with a straight pin, turning each on and off, forgetting the one thing that it was paired with...nothing is working.  The sprocket works fine printing from the phones it will pair with.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @dmbk154

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to pair your iPhone with the sprocket printer.

I’d love to help!

Refer to the below document (Page 4, Pairing mobile devices) and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dxuhCc

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @dmbk154

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to pair your iPhone with the sprocket printer.

I’d love to help!

Refer to the below document (Page 4, Pairing mobile devices) and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dxuhCc

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reading the symptoms you described, it sounds as though you need to update the firmware on your Sprocket printer. 

In order to reestablish a connection with your phone, please go into your Bluetooth settings and "forget" the sprocket by tapping on the 'i' icon. You might also need to fully reboot your phone.  Alternatively, you can connect it with one of the other devices where a connection was successful in the past.

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

After updating the firmware, hopefully your connectivity issues will be resolved.

Additionally, keep in mind the Sprocket can ONLY be paired with one Apple device at a time.  Before you can pair from another device, you must forget Sprocket from any other devices it may be currently connected with.

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.