Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Studio
iOS

I just purchased the sprocket studio and followed the prompts for set-up through the app. The cartridge seemed much more difficult to get in than it shows in the few YouTube videos I’ve watched. When I try to print, it shows that I need to place the cartridge. It’s brand new. It almost looks like the wheel that turns the cartridge is blocking it from going in easily. Did it seem difficult for others to get the cartridge in or is my printer defective? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@sthomas89, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you refer the document  Setting Up the Printer for help with setup. Also, go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for any additional help.

If the issue persists, it could be an issue with the cartridges or the printer itself. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution to this?  They actually sent me out another one because the first one tore the transfer paper when I tried to take the cartridge back out.  The second sprocket printer and cartridge did the exact same thing.  I don't see any other way to to insert the cartridge, but both times it was difficult to push the cartridge in unlike the videos I was seeing online.  I haven't been able to get 1 print out of the printer yet.

HP Recommended
  • I’m having the same issue....  did you get a resolution?
HP Recommended

Hi @LoloS2323

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Have you tried these steps yet? 

If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your sprocket printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there.  Yes, I tried the steps.  The printer was brand new out of the box.  I had to work with HP support and they are shipping me a brand new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.