Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket200
iOS

Hi!
I did not use my sprocket for a couple of months. When I plugged the sprocket 200 into charge today I don't know if it is charging because the charging light keep flashing red and the LED is flashing Blue. It was charging more than an hour then when I tried to open, it won't responds.
I want to know what's wrong with my printer.I hope anyone could help me. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @cmllmxm

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try the below suggestions to resolve the issue -

Step 1: Let the printer cool

The battery might not charge if it is too warm, above 40º C (104º F). Disconnect the printer and let it cool down before you charge it or use it again.

1. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the USB cable.

2. Let the printer cool for at least 15 minutes.

3. Turn on the printer.

• If the printer turns on, you do not need to continue troubleshooting. To avoid overheating the battery in the future, let the printer cool down between print jobs and keep it in a cool, dry environment when you are not using it.

• If the printer does not turn on, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Charge the printer

The battery might not have enough power to turn on. Charge the printer for at least 30 minutes, disconnect it, and then turn on the printer.

1. Connect the USB cable to the printer, and then connect the other end to a power source with at least 2 AMPs, such as a wall adapter or USB-capable power strip.

Using a USB cable to charge the printer

2. Charge the printer for at least 30 minutes or until the Charging Indicator light turns green.

3. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer.

4. Turn on the printer.

• If the printer turns on, you do not need to continue troubleshooting. To avoid overheating the battery in the future, let the printer cool down between print jobs and keep it in a cool, dry environment when you are not using it.

• If the printer does not turn on, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Reset the printer

If the printer does not turn on when you press the Power button, reset the printer to clear any errors.

1. Remove the paper cover.

Opening the paper cover

2. Locate the Reset button.

Locating the reset button

3. With a paperclip or pin, press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets.

4. Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the printer.

• If the printer turns on, you do not need to continue troubleshooting. To avoid overheating the battery in the future, let the printer cool between print jobs and keep it in a cool, dry environment when you are not using it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I tried and follow the steps but there's no changes at all. I did every troubleshoots that you gave..but still it isnt functioning.😢

HP Recommended

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

HP Recommended

Im having trouble to contact HP support. My location is philippines. Can you help me to contact HP support here in Manila, Philippines. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.