Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Other

When I create a custom sticker using the sprocket app, it includes a white vertical line on the right side. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix?

HP-Share-2023-12-30 11_59_53_205.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @45MPHK9,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I can offer some general troubleshooting steps that may help resolve such problems.

• Update the App and Firmware: Ensure that both the HP Sprocket app and the firmware on your HP Sprocket printer are up-to-date. Developers often release updates to address bugs and improve functionality.
  • Check Image Dimensions and Quality: Make sure the image you are using for the custom sticker meets the recommended dimensions and quality. The app might be adding a white line if the image doesn't fit the required specifications.
  • Try a Different Image: Test the app with a different image to see if the issue persists. This can help determine whether the problem is specific to a particular image or if it's a general problem with the app.
  • Reinstall the App: Uninstall the HP Sprocket app from your device, restart your device, and then reinstall the app. This can sometimes resolve issues related to app settings or cached data.
  • Update Phone/Device Software: Ensure that your smartphone or tablet's operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, compatibility issues arise when using outdated software.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I went through the suggestions and I am still getting a white line added to any custom sticker I create.  I've drawn something with a Sharpie on white paper, filled the screen capture area with the sketch and taken a picture - white line down the right. I've pulled the camera way back and filled only a tiny portion of the capture area with the sketch and still get a white vertical line. 

Screenshot_20240105-185040.png

HP Recommended

Adrian, per your request, here's a photo printed with custom sticker. White line appears in upper right above window. This is the only photo with a custom sticker I've printed as I don't want to waste the paper

HP-Share-2024-01-07 17_34_36_646.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @45MPHK9,

Thank you for your response,

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you Alden. 

The link you provided will not accept the serial number from my sprocket. Double checked I'm entering it correctly and get a message stating, "Please enter a valid serial number".  Is there a way to contact support without providing the serial number?

Jill

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.