Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP SPROCKET 200

My sprocket won’t turn on. When plugged in, the red LED appears and stays on. I have left it to charge for hours but it still won’t turn on. I checked the forums and the instructions and attempted both the software and hardware resets and neither has worked. Can not get anything other than red LED and that only appears through charging cable.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AlexxArcher, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Reset the printer-

Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

If the issue persists, I am afraid it could be a hardware failure. You can try our other support options.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter the product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - select your preferred option

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem - have tried to reset but doesn’t work. So disappointing - I’ve literally only used it to print one picture before this happened.

HP Recommended

In the end, I contacted the customer service team and they simply sent a replacement out with no questions. Haven’t had any problems with the new one. I definitely suggest getting in touch with them. 🙂

HP Recommended

I tried this however it did not work as the sprocket was faulty. I contacted the customer service team and they replaced it straight away. I had great customer service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.