Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS 12.1.2
Other

How come not a single person person from HP give the correct answer to people having problem connecting iPhone to the HP Sprocket Plus? And why is it impossible to find this information without taking to HP support? The problem is that the firmware on the HP Sprocket Plus don't working with the latest iOS 12.1.2 from Apple and it's been like that for more than a month. Still there is no fix and still there is no information from HP. I'm not impressed by the slow development from HP so people have to wait for ages when there is a new iOS version. What happens next time iOS is updated? Neither am I impressed by the support by HP. If you only could have published this information on the support website and give a reasonable time for fixing the problem everything would have been ok. I bought this product in December and so far not been able to use is at all. This is horrible support and I guess it will be returned to the store.

I have no problems accepting that a software update could cause issues, but I would expect a fix within a reasonable time and existing support/information to the customers.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I know this is late but it’s the most recent post I could find on the topic. I have iOS 12.4 and the firmware on printer is 1.18. I connected without issue. Here’s what I did:

settings —>Bluetooth —>sporcket

Forget this device 

then launch the sprocket app 

then turn on sprocket

i was then prompted “device sprocket is trying to communicate” Allow/Deny

i clicked Allow and was able to print

note I switch between two iPhones with the device and I follow the above each time I need to swap photos es. 

I hope this is kore helpful than the support responses I’ve seen. I for one would just like confirmation 1.18 is the correct version. C’est la vie

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but no solution for more than 6 months I ended up returning the product. So I do not have a Sprocket to test with anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.