Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Android- HP Sprocket 100
Other

HP Sprocket app keeps crashing with the error "unfortunately Sprocket has stopped". I have checked everything and all is up to date. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times. I have powered down my phone and have reset the Sprocket. I have had no problems at all with the phone and printer pairing but when I access the app and click on a picture to print, I keep getting the above mentioned error and the app shuts down

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @gunsnglitter69,

I'd like to help!

Update your android device.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Confirm mobile device settings

Make sure your mobile device settings allow a connection with your Sprocket.

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then make sure Bluetooth is enabled.

3. Check the settings on your Android or iOS device.

• Android devices: On your mobile device, open the Location or Location Services menu, and then make sure the setting is turned on.

note:

You can turn location permission on to connect and print, and then turn it off when you are not using the Sprocket.

Location menu example on Android

• iOS devices: Previously paired Bluetooth accessories such as Apple AirPods might interfere with the initial discovery of the Sprocket. Unpair the accessory from the Bluetooth menu of your device before initial pairing with your Sprocket. The accessory can then be paired again after the Sprocket is connected.

4. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

5. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

A list of available Sprockets displays.

• If your Sprocket displays: The Sprocket is connected.

• If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

Reset on the sprocket-

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the Reset button near the charging port.

Locating the reset button

3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

4. Turn on the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello @ Jay_G24,
First of all, I just want to take a moment to thank you for your support in trying to help me resolve the issue I'm having. 
I had actually already tried all of the steps that you recommended with no success but went ahead and tried everything again, hoping for success this time but unfortunately, I'm still getting the same error. It happens as soon as I click on the photo that I want to print. The screen goes blank for a few seconds and then I receive the error message "Unfortunately, Sprocket has stopped". I was so excited about getting and using my Sprocket, but so far it seems to have been a waste of money. I have reported it every time I get this message but so far nothing has changed or been done to rectify the problem. I hear others also talking about having problems with the app.
Thank you again so much for your time & trying to help me get this working
P.S. After spending hours and hours trying to get this thing to work with the app and getting the same message "unfortunately Sprocket has stopped", and after typing this reply to you, I finally figured out a work around that doesn't involve the app. Only problem is, that without use of the app I am limited to printing the photo as is on my phone without the ability to edit, etc.  What I did that actually worked was went into my photo gallery on my phone, selected a photo, hit the share button, then the print button, and it didn't work. Then I went back, selected the photo to print, clicked on the share button, then clicked on Bluetooth which actually worked. The Sprocket has been showing paired via Bluetooth from the very beginning, both when I click Bluetooth on my phone and when I click on manage printers through the Sprocket app. I'm a person who doesn't give up easily so this has about driven me nuts 

HP Recommended

@gunsnglitter69 I'm writing on behalf of @Jay_G24 as she's away for the day, 

I suggest you check if the sprocket works fine on another phone using the app, as that would help us identify the issue better.

Please do give that a shot and keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher I'm just about ready to give up on it, but I'm no quitter. I don't have another phone available at the moment to test your recommendation but will try to have an answer for you as soon as I can
Thank you for your help! It's much appreciated

HP Recommended

@gunsnglitter69 Alright, please take your time and get back to us with the results, 

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.