Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HD sproket
iOS
This doesn’t seem to work with
iPhone 7, iOS 11.2
when I print, it just stop on sending bar and not move and printer start flashing the white LED light, then doesn’t do anything.
Shows that the picture is added to the queue, but won’t print.

🔴 Even after upgrade to the new firmware.

I try every solutions, i read all trouble shouting in web in manual, but i'am sure now it's software problem especially with IOS 11.2 😡

Note : printer works with old ios version
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @bolbolj

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

Please follow the below mentioned steps.

The printer might be connected to another Apple iPhone or iPod, or the printer firmware might be outdated. The printer can pair with only one Apple iOS device at a time. Make sure the Bluetooth is turned off on any additional Apple iOS devices and the printer firmware is up to date.

1. Turn off the Bluetooth feature on any additional Apple iOS devices.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On the Apple iOS device, you are trying to connect, open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then tap your printer in the list of devices.

4. Open the HP sprocket app, and then tap the Menu icon .

5. Tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a printer firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date.

If you have tried all the above steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 
To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

The same problem as Sprocket doesn't function on iOS 11.2 and other iOS 11.2 topics.

It could be really usefully to receive some information instead of a templated response.

• is the problem officially  confirmed at HP (as there is a tread with such mention from other Support Agent)?
  • Can we expect an iOS app  update with the fix during December?
HP Recommended
I contacted HP.com help and I was told to contact Apple because it appeared to be an Apple problem. Can’t say I was happy with that response!
HP Recommended

I am sorry but this is not the way it works... It is always easy to blame other person|company and etc...

• It is not Apple who makes sprocket and promises mobile printing expecrience.

It is solely HP responsobility to state that the device doesn't work with iOS 11.2 and has issues with Android 7 and there is so far no plan to fix it.
iOS still has ~20% market share and people would spend money on malfunction device without knowing this.

• Apple always has the latest software versions available for developers way before they are released, this gives plenty of time for software companies to adapt their products.
HP Recommended

Sorry this is poor responce from HP support :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Hello, @bolbolj

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

why you escalated my concern to HP’s Support Team in my region ?

It's common problem with all  IOS users ver. 11.2

this should solve by updating driver  software of your stupid printer "sprocket"

the big mistake i did when i bought it.

or update your app in app store to solve this problem.

HP Recommended
All other apps I have on my iOS have updated, except for HP.
HP Recommended
You are not alone. Hp needs to update their app. They are just being lazy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.