Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

How do I delete items in the Sprocket print queue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@nkjohnston

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to delete the sprocket print queue. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Locate the reset button.

• HP Sprocket Photo Printer: Insert a straight pin into the reset button access point next to the micro-USB charging port, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the reset button for HP Sprocket Photo Printer

• HP Sprocket Plus Printer: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point next to the input tray, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the reset button on the HP Sprocket Plus Printer

• HP Sprocket 2-in-1: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point next to the input tray, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Location the reset button on the HP Sprocket 2-in-1

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: https://hp.care/2KlzkGf

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Actually already tried the reset method.  Didn't work.  Nothing works except wasting the film and printing out the queue.

Software should be upgraded to provide a Delete function on the menu.

Frankly, pretty disappointed with the product functionality.  WIll not allow any edits to photo's altho the function is there.  Only way it works is to simply pull up a photo and print as is.   Cheap, insufficient software.

HP Recommended

@nkjohnston,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

I recommend you update the upgrade the Sprocket firmware and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your Sprocket in the list.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

If the issue persists, I recommend you uninstall the sprocket app from your phone and install it again and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @nkjohnston

You can delete a print job(s) in the Sprocket app as follows:

1. Open the Sprocket app
  2. Touch the Menu button in the upper left corner
  3. Select "Print Queue"
  4. Select "Printers"
  5. Slowly swipe left on the photo(s) you wish to delete.

Note: you can also change the printing order by slowly swipe right. Please be sure to update your app to the latest version (2.16) to enjoy these features and more!

Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the "Thumbs Up" below to say "Thanks!"

I work for an HP Partner
HP Recommended

Seriously?? There needs to be an easier way to delete images in the queue. Please make it a priority to fix this in your app/software.

Sincerely, a frustrated customer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.