Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

The picture looks fine on my iPhone but does not fix on the printed photo. I want to be able to size the photo.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cberea,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having picture quality and need assistance with size the picture using your HP Sprocket. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I did go through the specifications, please find the paper and file size supported by HP Sprocket.

The printer supports the following paper and file sizes:

• 7.6 x 5 cm (3 x 2 in) HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper

• BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF (iOS only) file types

To improve the quality of the print:

Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.

The HP ZINK® Smartsheet calibrates the printer to provide the best print quality for printing with the specific pack of HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. The HP ZINK® Smartsheet cleans the paper path rollers during calibration or when you need to improve print quality.

Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an Out of Paper error message.

Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. 

Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

Also, refer the printer user guide to know more information.

For detailed troubleshooting steps, go to HP Sprocket Photo Printers - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.