Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS

While I appreciate the excitement of fixing the IOS 11.2, it still isn’t fixed for iPhone 6s. After showing the connection and downloading the new firmware, the sprocket will now not even connect via Bluetooth despite numerous resets.

It said it sent pictures to the printer and then stopped before printing.

Sprocket is all green and white but Zero response.

When I reset all my devices (Sprocket, iPhone), it sometimes shows up in the Bluetooth or Accessories (after reinstalling 3.0.2.1) but never connects saying it isn't available.

I'm looking at my other Bluetooth devices to see if they are conflicting but the only one I have connected is my AppleWatch so that can't be it.

Argh!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you restarted the device, forgot it at the suggested order?

Update your Sprocket iOS app to version 2.03.1 or later
Charge your sprocket battery to at least 50%
Power off your sprocket printer
In the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth), tap the ‘i’ button next to the “sprocket” device, then tap “Forget This Device”
Restart your iPhone by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds, then sliding to power off.
Power on your sprocket printer
Discover and pair your sprocket printer by tapping on the “sprocket” device when it appears in the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth).
Open the sprocket mobile app, where you’ll be automatically prompted for the firmware upgrade.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @akselsoft - 

Can you confirm which version of firmware you're running on your Sprocket device?

I realize you're having trouble pairing, so you might have to close the sprocket app, then forget your device from the bluetooth menu.  From there, re-pair the device in your bluetooth menu and open the Sprocket app.

Once connected, go to Menu -> sprocket -> Printers -> Firmware Version (e.g: 1.1.2).

If you can provide that firmware version to us, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brandon

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi @akselsoft - 

Thank for your continued feedback and being part of our team in addressing the ongoing iOS connectivity issues.  Could you please help us tremendously by trying an experiment on your mobile device?

Please try to "disable" the embedded experiences feature, clear the 'Print Queue' of any jobs, completely close and restart the Sprocket app, then see if you are still encountering the connectivity issue.

Here are the detailed steps:

1. Please see the document below on how to disable embedded experiences within the Sprocket app:
  2. After that, go into Menu -> Print Queue and click "Delete All", if available
  3. From there, please completely close the Sprocket app by going into the app switching view and swiping up to close the app.  Alternatively, you can restart your phone to close the app.
  4. Reopen the Sprocket app and power on your Sprocket unit.

Check connectivity from both the Menu, and by sending a print job.

Please let me know if that has any impact on the connectivity issues you're experiencing.  Thank you for being part of the solution!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
i have tried to buy the hp sprocket on dec 5 2017 and it didn’t worked so i returned it because i was on a trip and i didn’t have the time to sit an tried to fix it myself so i was wondering if i buy on january a new one it would already be fixed
HP Recommended

Hi --- I've tried all of the regular steps (restart, repair, unpair, reinstall, restart phone, etc).

I also tried it on a phone that was NOT updated to 11.02 - still no luck. It would show the sprocket but would never connect to it.

I'm going to try Spectre_envy's last suggestions.

How can I find out what firmware I have on the device if I can't connect to it?

My device was purchased from Amazon in May-June 2017.

HP Recommended

So a bit more.....

Note: in all of these tests, I am

a) right beside the printer with my phone so no more than 4 feet away

b) not using any special experiences

c) printing from my camera roll

1. I reset the Sprocket, restarted my old iPhone (IOS 10) and then reinstalled the application. I was able to print ONE picture. Then it lost the connection and I couldn't do anymore. 

2. I then switched to my regular iPhone. Noted that Ios 11.2.3 (or whatever the one is from this week) was available and updated that. Restarted my iPhone, reinstalled the Sprocket application and I was able to print ONE picture.

3. I then tried to print another picture and it went right back to not being able to find the printer. It would show up in the list but it would never connect and the queue would be shown as empty.

Now, two possible issues here:

a) the white light on the sprocket never shuts off, even after 15 -30 minutes. I have to reset it.

b) when it first goes on, the powerlight goes green. After it has printed once, it then goes red until I reset it.

Does any of this help?

HP Recommended

Hi @akselsoft, Welcome to HP Forums.

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

I understand you are unable to print from your Sprocket.

Appreciate your efforts in all troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue.

Don't worry I will be glad to help you with the issue.

Please follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Printers.

The Sprocket information screen displays.

Look for a Sprocket firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

You can now connect and send print jobs to your Sprocket.

Click here for more details troubleshooting steps.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck 😉

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi @akselsoft - 

Sadly, it sounds like you may have a rare defective unit.  Can you fill out the form at the below, contact HP, and request a replacement?  It appears as though either the battery or charging circuit may not be working, which while incredibly rare, does happen.

Thanks!

https://support.hp.com/go/contact-hp/product/HP-Sprocket-Photo-Printer/12635221/model/12635222

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.