Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iPhone says that sprocket is connected, but when it comes to print it says not sprocket connected? Have redownloaded app and restarted phone and restarted sprocket to no avail, is there anything that can be done?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CH22

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I understand from your post that you have an HP Sprocket printer and it does not print from an iPhone. The status shows as it is connected. Have redownloaded app and restarted the iPhone and restarted sprocket but the issue still persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a great job.

Please let me know if the HP Sprocket worked fine earlier and if any changes took place after which it may have stopped working.

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that the HP Sprocket works on iOS v8.0 and later (Source: http://hp.care/2dxuhCc). 

If you are unable to print to the printer with the HP Sprocket app, use these recommendations to help troubleshoot printing issues.

• Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap the Main Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer. On the printer, look for white and green indicator lights. The Status Indicator light is solid and white when the printer is turned on and the Charging Indicator light is solid and green when the printer is fully charged.

• Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.

If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

• Make sure the printer has photo paper in the input tray. Load up to 10 sheets of photo paper with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet. Make sure the Smartsheet is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the photo paper with the print side facing up.

• Resolve any error messages that display on the HP Sprocket app. For example, if an Out of Paper message displays, load more photo paper into the input tray.

• Move the printer and your mobile device closer together. Bluetooth signals can be weaker at greater distances.

• Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• Reset the printer. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

Figure: Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button

Please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2gmcRfs

Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CH22

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I understand from your post that you have an HP Sprocket printer and it does not print from an iPhone. The status shows as it is connected. Have redownloaded app and restarted the iPhone and restarted sprocket but the issue still persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a great job.

Please let me know if the HP Sprocket worked fine earlier and if any changes took place after which it may have stopped working.

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that the HP Sprocket works on iOS v8.0 and later (Source: http://hp.care/2dxuhCc). 

If you are unable to print to the printer with the HP Sprocket app, use these recommendations to help troubleshoot printing issues.

• Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap the Main Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer. On the printer, look for white and green indicator lights. The Status Indicator light is solid and white when the printer is turned on and the Charging Indicator light is solid and green when the printer is fully charged.

• Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.

If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

• Make sure the printer has photo paper in the input tray. Load up to 10 sheets of photo paper with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet. Make sure the Smartsheet is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the photo paper with the print side facing up.

• Resolve any error messages that display on the HP Sprocket app. For example, if an Out of Paper message displays, load more photo paper into the input tray.

• Move the printer and your mobile device closer together. Bluetooth signals can be weaker at greater distances.

• Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• Reset the printer. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

Figure: Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button

Please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2gmcRfs

Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
It was iOS that was the issue and everything works fine now it's been updated. Thank you ever so much for your help!
HP Recommended

We have tried restart , light is on sprocket, but I also get the same message when I try from my iPhone 7. Installed sprocket app but get the error message cannot find the device ,  never had the app on my phone before.

is there anything we can do or does it mean we have to buy a new one?    The firmware on my husbands iPhone sprocket settings shows 2.75. Does this need updating?  

He he uses his a lot or he did now it has suddenly stopped working 😕

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.