Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
My BF recently purchased a HP sprocket printer for me and the picture quality is really bad. It looks very cheap. U can see lines through the photos. I don't know if it's supposed to be like this or not, but i am very disappointed. The colors looks old and faded. Can someone please explain this to me? I've ran the calibration sheet through it and it's still the same. I am about to return this product if the quality is this ugly. I can print it better at walmart.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Meekou – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having print quality issues with your new HP Sprocket. I will certainly do my best to find you a solution!

Let's first try to update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Restart the Sprocket and then try printing.

If the issue still persists, go to http://hp.care/2ilvn9u and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

The last step is to completely reset the sprocket. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth and then try to print.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I already returned the HP sprocket printer.
HP Recommended

@Meekou

I see that you were interacting with @Dvortex. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello. Im also experiencing this issue. What should I do? I already tried all the steps you mentioned here and yet the print is not yet that good. Ive tried also the reset option but nothings change. Hoping for your reply really soon. Thank you in advance. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.