Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem the firmware will get about 80% done and then will be stuck. I let it run over night seeing if I could get it through. I am on iOS have tried reinstalling the app resetting the printer ect
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Bethco99,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This issue may require a one to one interaction over the phone.

Hence, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support at this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

i have tried updatting my firmware a number of times and after downloading it, it does not get sent to the printer its just stuck, ive tried everything available on the troubleshooting forum to fix the issue but no resolution has been reached.  

please help 

HP Recommended

Hi @robinsingh612,

Welcome to HP Forums, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with the firmware update on the unit.

I suggest that you update the printer firmware by following the steps:

1. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and then open the HP Sprocket app.

2. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

3. Your printer must be charged to 50% or higher before a firmware update.

4. If a firmware upgrade option does not display, then the printer firmware is up-to-date.

You may also check the user guide from the link: User Guide

You may also check the link: Frequently Asked Questions 

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Bethco99,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Sprocket wherein it is not working.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue from the links below:

1. Improving Print Quality

2. Setting up the Printer

3. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

4. User Guide

If the issue still persists, you may contact HP Technical Phone Support at this link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
Select the country where you are located and type the product# or the serial number of the unit and then choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information. Click on 'Show Options' icon and then scroll down the page and select 'Get Phone Number' to get the phone number.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello @robinsingh612 and @Bethco99  -

Could you please let us know a bit more about your mobile device model and operating system?

If you haven't already, you may want to try disabling all notifications and setting your phone to never sleep prior to performing the update.  Alternatively, you can watch the device and keep tapping the screen every minute or two to keep it "awake".

Hopefully we can solve this for you!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
I was able to get while on the phone with support. I am running iOS 11.0.1
HP Recommended

Great news!  I'm glad you were able to update.  

You should definitely consider updating your iOS version to 11.3 too, when you have an opportunity.

Have a good day...

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.