Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
2FB96A
Android 7 Nougat

Hi, I have a sprocket 2 in 1. It was a prize that my boyfriend won a few months ago and arrived on Tuesday. Today I wanted to try it and I connected to my phone. So far, so good. When I tried to turn it off it doesn't turn off. So I tried to reset but it doesn't work. The product should be under warranty but hp don't provides support for this product. I don't know what to do, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ross_afeltra

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. 

I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are unable to turn off the HP Sprocket 2-in-1. Don't worry I'm here to help.

Let's try these steps -

Turn off the device by sliding the Power Switch until the Status Indicator LED Light goes dark. 

If this does not turn off the HP Sprocket 2-in-1, try a reset -

Remove the Paper Cover and locate the pin-hole near the Paper Tray. Insert a straight pin into the hole to press the Reset Button until the printer turns off. Restart the device.

Image result for hp sprocket 2 in 1 reset

Let me know how that pans out. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ross_afeltra

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. 

I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are unable to turn off the HP Sprocket 2-in-1. Don't worry I'm here to help.

Let's try these steps -

Turn off the device by sliding the Power Switch until the Status Indicator LED Light goes dark. 

If this does not turn off the HP Sprocket 2-in-1, try a reset -

Remove the Paper Cover and locate the pin-hole near the Paper Tray. Insert a straight pin into the hole to press the Reset Button until the printer turns off. Restart the device.

Image result for hp sprocket 2 in 1 reset

Let me know how that pans out. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have the same issue, but the sprocket 2 in 1 will not reset.  The pin in the back turns it off, but when we turn it back on the red light continues blinking.  the app indicates "paper cover open.  close the cover to proceed".  The back is on completely, new zink paper installed with blue card face down and hp logos facing down.  We have ensured our ios is 11.2 or greater and removed the app completely, reloaded and tried the reset steps again.  Help!

HP Recommended

@SBURTON2015

Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the previous post. 

To resolved the blinking red LED, try steps -

1. Turn off the Sprocket, and then remove the paper cover.

2. Remove any loose photo paper from the input tray, and then make sure the photo paper is in good condition. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

3. Turn on the Sprocket.

If there is jammed photo paper, the Sprocket feeds it through the output slot.

4. Wait until the Sprocket is idle and silent, and then remove any photo paper fed through the output slot.

5. Reload the photo paper with the HP logos facing down. Make sure to load genuine Sprocket photo paper, or the Sprocket might not print.

6. Replace the paper cover, and then resend the print job.

Hope this helps!

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up".

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.