Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Sprocket 200 - connected to 2 iphones and ipad (running latest versions of iOS) successfully with no problem.  Charged the sprocket, and now it will not connect.  Constantly getting error saying:

Make sure "HP Sprocket 200 (66:78)" is turned on and in range.

I have the Sprocket 200 fully charged and sitting within inches of my phone.  Have tried the reset mutiple times, and it does nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tv21

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Removing the HP Sprocket entry from the Bluetooth paired devices and adding a new printer using HP Sprocket app may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure that iOS is up to date with its software, if you are unsure, you may use the steps available here to update iOS. 

1.) On your iPhone, open Settings.

2.) Touch Bluetooth, below My devices, tap on the little “i” icon on the HP Sprocket device..

3.) Select Forget this Device, confirm by touching Forget Device.

4.) Turn off iPhone

5.) Reset HP Sprocket, refer to step 4 from this document.

6.) Turn on HP iPhone.

7.) Open the HP sprocket app.

8.) Tap the Menu icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/996/c05670379.gif , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

9.) Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket

If issue persists, try upgrading sprocket firmware, refer to step 5 from this document.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@tv21

A warm welcome to HP Forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Removing the HP Sprocket entry from the Bluetooth paired devices and adding a new printer using HP Sprocket app may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure that iOS is up to date with its software, if you are unsure, you may use the steps available here to update iOS. 

1.) On your iPhone, open Settings.

2.) Touch Bluetooth, below My devices, tap on the little “i” icon on the HP Sprocket device..

3.) Select Forget this Device, confirm by touching Forget Device.

4.) Turn off iPhone

5.) Reset HP Sprocket, refer to step 4 from this document.

6.) Turn on HP iPhone.

7.) Open the HP sprocket app.

8.) Tap the Menu icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/996/c05670379.gif , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

9.) Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket

If issue persists, try upgrading sprocket firmware, refer to step 5 from this document.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

I have done the chat support 4 different times - of which they all said they would 'escalate my concern and have someone call me' ... (BTW - no one called me any of the time).  They were USELESS!!!

This worked!!!  THANK YOU!!!

HP Recommended

@tv21

You are welcome 🙂

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem. I was trying to add printer and connect to Bluetooth but it was not working, after I followed each step of this it suddenly led to setting it up and now it’s working perfectly, maybe even better 🙂 

HP Recommended

Cant even find on bluetooth list! and it was worked first time than i cant see on bt list also cant get the ... icon on the application because i cant connect the printer so it wont let me to get in the application before its connect. 

Please help me on this

HP Recommended

@Keremo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Make sure the sprocket is completely charged.

Check for any software updates on the iPhone

Click here to know how.

Restart your mobile device and clear cache on the sprocket

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

Reset the Sprocket

Hold the power button until LED flashes rapidly then release button and press once more to power off. Then press again to power back on.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

6. Make sure Bluetooth is ON on the iPhone 

7. Tap the Menu icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/996/c05670379.gif , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

8.  Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket

​​​​​​​Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

​​​​​​​

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar,

Sorry its not working. 😞 i have to send it back to retailer

HP Recommended

@Keremo

That's Unfortunate. If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - I've done all the steps and saw that you've said to do a pocket firmware update. But how can I do the firmware update when the sprocket isn't connecting to my phone? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.