Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 200
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

I received a HP Sprocket for Christmas but when I have tried to connect it to my phone via bluetooth but the app says "We've looked and looked, but we can't find a Sprocket" so it appears the bluetooth functionality of the sprocket may be faulty - I have followed all of the steps on the hp forums including resetting and turning the sprocket and my phone off and on. I have tried a different device/ensured my phone is up to date but it still is not showing as a bluetooth connection. Any advice appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Megan5, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try updating the Sprocket firmware and Android to the latest version and check if it helps.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Go to Settings
Select “Application Manager”
Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications
Select Storage
Tap Clear Cache
Go back
Finally restart the phone

Also, try resetting the sprocket printer.

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket to clear any errors states.

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Locate the Reset button.

• HP Sprocket Photo Printer: Insert a straight pin into the access point next to the micro-USB charging port, and then press the Resetbutton for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button for HP Sprocket Photo Printer

• HP Sprocket 200 Printer: Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

• HP Sprocket Plus Printer: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket Plus Printer

• HP Sprocket 2-in-1: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 2-in-1

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

Let me know if this helps!

Happy Holidays! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Megan5

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are unable to connect your phone to the sprocket.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Turn on the Sprocket and check battery status

1. Press and hold the Power button to turn on the Sprocket, and then open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

3. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

4. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery chage is 24% or lower, charge the battery for 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

5. Tap Auto Off to change when the Sprocket turns off, if necessary.

Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

A list of available Sprockets displays.

• If your Sprocket displays: The Sprocket is connected.

• If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately as I am unable to connect the sprocket to my phone, I cannot see the battery status but I believe it is fully charged as I charged the sprocket until the light turned green. I have again tried to pair the sprocket to my phone via the app by clicking Add New Printer but I am still getting the same message - "We've looked and looked, but we can't find a Sprocket." I have also tried scanning for new devices via the Bluetooth menu in my phone's settings (It can successfully detect and pair with other bluetooth devices so I do not believe the issue is with my phone).

Is there anything that can be done to fix the bluetooth functionality of the sprocket as I believe this is where the issue lies.

Thanks,

Megan

HP Recommended

Hi @Megan5, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try updating the Sprocket firmware and Android to the latest version and check if it helps.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Go to Settings
Select “Application Manager”
Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications
Select Storage
Tap Clear Cache
Go back
Finally restart the phone

Also, try resetting the sprocket printer.

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket to clear any errors states.

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Locate the Reset button.

• HP Sprocket Photo Printer: Insert a straight pin into the access point next to the micro-USB charging port, and then press the Resetbutton for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button for HP Sprocket Photo Printer

• HP Sprocket 200 Printer: Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

• HP Sprocket Plus Printer: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket Plus Printer

• HP Sprocket 2-in-1: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 2-in-1

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

Let me know if this helps!

Happy Holidays! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Clearing the cache on my bluetooth did the trick. Thanks so much for your help!

HP Recommended

@Megan5, thanks for your prompt response and time.

As you mentioned after clearing the cache your issue got resolved.

I'm glad to know your issue got resolved after trying out the steps.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.