Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

Setup stated there is an "imbedded experience" Beta feature.  And when the photo's print, it says to scan them to view the imbedded experience.  Scan them with what?   Bar code or QR code scanner doesnt' show anything.  Scan them on a regular flatbed scanner?   Any ideas?  I'm at a loss.

No instructions I can see anywhere.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
I have the exact same question. Did you ever figure it out? Thanks.
HP Recommended

No!  Really bugging me.  But I LOVE my little printer.  SO happy with it so far.  Hope it holds out the next couple months so I can buy a couple for Xmas gifts.

HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat. Just updated my app and the instructions say to scan for an embedded experience, but there isn't a scan button anywhere to be seen! It's like they forgot it 😞 

HP! Please help!! And for goodness sake, don't tell me to read the FAQ or the manual or whatever else lame non-answer you always give... So frustrating. 

HP Recommended
I finally found out how it works:
Scan a photo by selecting the Capture & Scan icon. Center your print and press and hold the center of the screen to reveal the magic behind the print.
👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
HP Recommended
Where is the capture & scan icon?
HP Recommended

I think I figured out the "caputure and scan" icon is the square in the bottom to take a pic.  It even says it's embedding things in the picture.  BUt when I look at the picture and center it, hold the middle of the screen, nothing happens.

Is this right?

HP Recommended

I downloaded mixer box qr scanner app onto mi iPhone and was able to scan a still capture from a video.  The best I was able  to manage was access to my camera roll but only at a directory level. The associated video or any geotag did not display. 

HP Recommended

Relive Memories with Scan Mode Make your sprocket app prints come to life! Scan Mode allows you to use the app camera to scan printed sprocket photos to relive memories through more images and videos from that day or location, augmented reality experiences, and online content. Scan Mode is only available for photos printed from the mobile sprocket app (not from the Instant Camera). These prints will be automatically tagged to work with Scan Mode. Scan prints and relive your stories—scanned prints can pull up experiences from a specific location, day, or reveal videos and third party information sources, like websites. Scan Mode also transforms your printed shots into augmented reality experiences. 

capturesacn icon.jpgTo Scan: 1. From the sprocket app Photo Gallery, tap on the Camera/Scan icon in the gallery. 2. Center your sprocket print and press and hold the center of the screen to scan and reveal the magic behind the print. • Make sure the photo is well-lit to avoid a scanning error.

For more infomation Please click

HP Recommended
Can someone else watch my prints with the sprocket app? Or is only the person that prints it able to watch them?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.