Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Portable Photo Printer x7n07a
iOS

My HP Sprocket Portable Printer x7n07a is giving a strange error message.  It is saying it is "cold" and that I'll need to wait and print from the queue later.  The exact error message is "Sprocket is cold."

I connect via my iPhone.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @question_asker.

I'd like to help!

Allow the Sprocket a few minutes to cool down between print jobs. When the Sprocket becomes too warm, a cooling down message might display on the HP sprocket app. Allow the Sprocket to cool, and then tap OK to clear the message.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I think you might have misinterpreted what I was saying.  You gave me instructions for letting the Sprocket cool down.  But mine does not need to cool down.  It's the opposite -- mine is saying it's TOO COLD (read the subject line of my message).  I've searched for this error message on the internet and found nothing.

I did follow the steps you provided to check if the firmware needed upgrading.  It did not.  It is all up-to-date.

HP Recommended

Have you tried charge the sprocket , does the charging light tun on?

HP Recommended

Yes, I have had no trouble charging the device.  The light turns on and reports that it's charged in the phone app.

HP Recommended

Reset the printer -

• Reset the printer. On the printer, locate the pin-hole near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the hole to press the reset button until the printer turns off. Restart the printer.

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I tried resetting the sprocket printer.  I inserted the pin and waited for the printer to turn off.  I turned it back on and it said something like "Your HP sprocket printer will print now."  However, then it reverted right back to the previous error message I mentioned and said "Sprocket is cold."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.