Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Printer X7N07A
Android 7.0 - 7.1.2 Nougat

I am using my HP Sprocket X7N07A printer with the Motorola Z Force running Android 7.1.1.  When I first purchased the Sprocket in January 2018 it printed great.  The print quality has been in steady decline since that time.  I am using genuine HP ZINK photo paper, packs R7E5-06AC1-HP and R7E5-02AB1-HP, purchased at different times.  Neither pack is producing suitable results.  The photos are printing out either very dark or with a pink color cast - sometimes both.  The unit and photo paper are  being stored and utilized at an ambient room temperature of 65-67 degrees Fahrenheit and away from moisture (average relative humidity of 30%) at all times. 

I have already performed the following troubleshooting actions:

1.  Repeatedly use the ZINK Smartsheet blue card assigned to each paper pack in the printer before printing.

2.  Updated the firmware, then used the Smartsheet again.

3.  Reset the printer using a pin as instructed in the forum.

4.  Fully charged the printer (overnight) until well after the green light comes on.

5.  Restarted the printer.

6.  Allowed the printer to cool for several days between individual prints.

7.  Adjusted the brightness of the photos prior to printing.

8.  Used high resolution images (4008x5344 ppi).

9.  Disabled embedded experiences.

None of these steps have corrected the problem.  When I adjust the brightness of photos using the editor in the Sprocket app, the photos print out desaturated, almost black and white, with the pink color cast over them.  I have seen a lot of complaint about this issue, both in this forum and in other groups to which I belong, and it seems that the typical troubleshooting steps are not helping anyone.   Is a solution to this problem being explored, and is there any new information on what the problem may be?  Is this perhaps just a limitation of the device/photo paper?  Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KRMolloy

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with printing. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉

I do see that you've already tried most of the troubleshooting steps. If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.