Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Printer
iOS

There have been numerous posts here over the last couple days about HP Sprocket printer not working with iOS 11.2.  People can print, people can’t get the supposed firmware update to load, they’ve supplied lots of details on what they have tried to get the printer to work all to no avail.  When is HP going to wake up and acknowledge they have a but band get us all back in operation?

Even more ridiculous is that I got an automate email from this support forum asking if someone else’s post resolved my Sproket printing problem!  When I read their post, it was simply reporting the same problem as what the rest of us have been report - it doesn’t work!  

Rather than forcing us all to log calls with HP support, how about you acknowledge the issue and get a fix out to us!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Rpm360 ,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you are facing issues with the sprocket app on Ios 11.2.

There is a firmware update to be released soon which would fix this issue. Please wait for a while, for that firmware to be tested and released.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Barschiel, I appreciate the update, however, I have a concern. You say there will be a firmware update. One of the symptoms everyone has been reporting is that firmware updates don’t work - the update downloads (via the app) the says it is sending to the printer. The printer activity light flashes but the process NEVER completes. Not even over night. How will we be able to load the firmware fix?
HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I installed the just release Sprocket app on my iPhone an followed the instructions in the update provided.  The instructions said that I would be prompted to update the Sprocket firmware when the app was first launched.  That didn’t happen, however the printer did star working as I was able to print photos.

I then disconnected my iPhone (at the Bluetooth level) and followed all the update steps on my iPad.  This time, I got the prompt to update the Firmware, which I did.   I am now also able to print from my iPad.  

Just to be sure, I switched back to my iPhone and was still able to print.  The update has resolved my issue!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.