The issue that everyone seems to have been having on IOS 11.2 I am now experiencing myself on andriod. Please please please can you fix this as I have tried EVERYTHING on multiple andriod devices to get the printer to work but it just won't connect, won't let me perform any update or anything even after performing a reset on everything and installing and uninstalling multiple times. Only Had this printer for a month. Frustrating cause it used to work but now the return period on it is over it doesn't work. Please can someone help suggest something because this is a lot of wasted money otherwise.
Hi! @amber96, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!
I understand you have issues connecting your IOS device to the sprocket printer.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your printer?
As you mentioned you have issues connecting your IOS device to the sprocket printer.
Try the steps recommended below.
Please try few steps recommended below.
1. Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit. (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2. Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable. Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3. Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes. Note: A call back may be required in these instances.
4. Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5. A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if power up is successful.
6. Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.
If the issue still persists uninstall the sprocket app and reinstall the app and try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.
Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.
Also, unpair the sprocket from your smartphone and add the printer again and check if it helps.
Refer this article to know more information about using sprocket printer.
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know if this helps!
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!