Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-26-2019 05:54 PM - edited 01-27-2019 06:19 PM
This is my second sprocket and it keeps printing horribly quality. First one gave me pink hues and nothing fixed it so got a replacement. First pack of prints were fine but now it’s horrible quality very blurry and pixelated. I have followed every single step given on other forums to try and fix it and nothing works. I have updated firmware, cleaned the rollers, updated app, reset printer, used only HP zink paper, literally everything and it’s horrible. What else can I do as this is now the second printer which is not printing up to the standard you promote?? I’m almost about to just get a full refund as it’s so frustrating
01-26-2019 06:15 PM - edited 01-27-2019 06:19 PM
Editing due to not allowed to post photos.
Ill desribe as best as I can.
they look extremely dull with a blur and grain over the photos. Skin comes out pinkish and other colours come off different then photo. Some have come out with the eyes and outlines looking funny almost cartoonish.
01-29-2019 03:22 AM
Hi! @Beth941, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any changes to the printer?
Please share the image you are running on the device to assist you better.
Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.
Let's continue with the troubleshooting now.
1. Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit. (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2. Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable. Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3. Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes. Note: A call back may be required in these instances.
4. Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5. A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if the power-up is successful.
6. Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.
Also, try the steps recommended below.
Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically
turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap , tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when
you want the printer to turn off.
• Restart your mobile device. Turning off and then turning on your mobile device might clear any errors.
• Check for an HP Sprocket app update. On your mobile device, go to the Google Play Store™ or the App Store®, and then
search for the HP Sprocket app. Select the app from the list, and then check for an update.
• Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP
Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts
to complete the update.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
• Update the software on your mobile device. Check your mobile device settings to confirm you have the latest version
of the operating system software installed. Contact your mobile phone manufacturer for more information about
updating the operating system.
If the issue still persists try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.
Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot HP sprocket app issues. Click Here
Let me know if this helps!
Have a great day! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-29-2019 01:02 PM
Thankyou for the response but as I mentioned, I have tried every single option available including everything you have mentioned and it still prints horribly. Its clearly a fault as this is a replacement and is still printing bad quality. Is there anything else can I do besides getting a refund?