Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200 Printer
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

I have tried connecting my sprocket to my phone as well as another phone and will not show up, keeps searching for printer. I have reset the sprocket as well as my phone, deleted the app several times and nothing is working. A day ago (when i got it) it connected straight away and i printed a photo, when i went to print another one it wouldn’t connect, nothing was showing up in bluetooth so i deleted the app. and now we’re here, 24hrs later 

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@matisse9

A warm welcome to HP Forums!This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Removing the HP Sprocket entry from the Bluetooth paired devices and adding a new printer using HP Sprocket app may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure that iOS is up to date with its software, if you are unsure, you may use the steps available here to update iOS. 

1.) On your iPhone, open Settings.

2.) Touch Bluetooth, below My devices, tap on the little “i” icon on the HP Sprocket device..

3.) Select Forget this Device, confirm by touching Forget Device.

4.) Turn off iPhone

5.) Reset HP Sprocket, refer to step 4 from this document.

6.) Turn on HP iPhone.

7.) Open the HP sprocket app.

8.) Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

9.) Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket

If issue persists, try upgrading sprocket firmware, refer to step 5 from this document.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply however from my point of view and what I think Matisse9 was trying to say is that the device doesn’t appear on the Bluetooth list therefore we can’t connect to the printer which makes performing a firmware update impossible

HP Recommended

Same problem here, my I-phone doesn’t recognize my new Sprocket 2 in1  in the Bluetooth devices list;  I have tried on 2 different I-phones, and they both can’t find a Bluetooth connection. Bummed, since it’s a Christmas present.... wouldn’t want to have  to give it back 

HP Recommended

This didn’t work, i have literally tried everything, all of the forums and help i have been able to find on your website i have done and has not helped. I deleted the app after one print because it couldn’t connect and now there’s nothing. I forgot the sprocket on my device before i deleted the app but also have reset it several times 

HP Recommended

@matisse9

Since those steps failed to resolve the issue, I'm afraid, its a possible Bluetooth failure. Please call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to contact your regional HP Support. Could you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, I am having the same issue. My Sprocket 100 printer does not show up in my bluetooth settings. I have tried reinstalling the app and restarting my Iphone but to no avail. I have also tried on other iphones and ipads. I cannont update the firmware as this requires bluetooth. I have also tried on Andriod phones and was still unable to see the Sprocket in bluetooth devices. It sounds like a bluetooth hardware problem too. Would appreciate any help you can give. Many thanks.

HP Recommended

@Jamie488

You may call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to contact your regional HP Support. Could you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Could anyone in HP please assist? My Bluetooth lists in 2 different iPhones don’t show any device available for my sprocket 2 in 1; it’s like from the camera there is no Bluetooth signal. Need assistance. Thanks 

HP Recommended

@Giampaolo0207

If you are still not able to pair HP Sprocket to your mobile device after performing the steps available in this document, then its a possible that the internal Bluetooth assembly has failed . You may call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. I've send you the HP Support contact link and instructions on how to contact your regional HP Support.

Could you please check your private message.

Thanks!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.