Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

Hi, 

My pictures are either printing out with a pink hue or with a dark blue color around the border. The pictures are also discoloured and it looks I've edited to the maximum contrast which I didn't. I've done all the things that are recomended. My sprocket is fully charge, I've updated the firmware, I've tried putting the blue sheet back into the printer to clean the output roller, I've restarted the printer manually multiple times, I'm using the hp paper provided with the printer, and the pictures I am printing are high quality. I've tried everything and I am not sure what to do next. Is this a problem with my specific sprocket or is this a problem with the sprocket's low quality prints as a product in general. 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@emily_qq

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the pictures are either printing with a pink hue or with a dark border,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you ensure genuine HP Sprocket ZINK paper is being used?

Have you charged the printer to max as such issues may occur when its low on battery?

While you respond to that, here's a few steps recommended by HP:

Step 1: Use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper

ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP Sprocket Photo Paper for best results. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP Sprocket Photo Paper. If you do not use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue.

To purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper from other retailers.

If using genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Charge the printer

Check the printer battery level using the HP sprocket app to determine if the printer needs to be charged.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then select your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.

• If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the printer until the Status Indicator light turns green, and then continue to the next step.

Step 3: Upgrade the printer firmware (Skip this, since you've already done it)

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

Step 4: Clean the output rollers

Dirt and debris on the paper path rollers can cause print quality issues. Use the blue Smartsheet® from the same pack of HP Sprocket Photo Paper currently in the printer to clean the paper path rollers.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.