Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

I have a brand new sprocket but when I downloaded the app on to my iphone 5c there is no edit function. It's simply not there. I tried on my ipad and there isnt one there either. I have asked HP for help but all they have suggested so far is download the app (useful!!)

It prints ok i'ts just there is no edit function at all,. The only tools I have is save, share and print. I have tried resetting the printer, uninstalling and reinstalling the app but this has made no difference.

Is this a problem for iphones which suggests  the sprocket can't be used with iphones or ipads?

How can i resolve it please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Miffy10

I'm afraid that I have provided you with wrong information 😞 I'd like to update you on the new update regarding the issue that you are facing.

The iOS support for ‘editing’ was dropped on iOS 8 devices starting the week of April 18th while using the HP Sprocket app. 

We recommend you upgrade your iOS device to iOS 9 or later.  This will enable support for the Editing feature in the Sprocket app. You may have to delete and reinstall the Sprocket app after updating to iOS 9 or later.

If you cannot upgrade at this point, you can try using some 3rd party editing software. Some recommended 3rd party editing apps are: Pic Collage, Aviary, Snapseed, and Photoshop Express.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @Miffy10 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are facing issues while editing the images on the HP Sprocket. I checked the app on my phone and it seems to be editing the images without any issues. Look for icon to edit the pics. Check the steps below:

1. Open the HP Sprocket app.

2. From the home screen, tap the Photos, or icon, depending on your mobile device, and then follow the on screen prompts to allow the app to access your camera and photos, if necessary.

3. Select the photo you want to print.

The print preview screen displays.

4. Tap the Edit icon to adjust the photo’s appearance, add text or stickers, and apply filters, if necessary.

5. Tap the Checkmarkicon to save any changes, and then tap the Print icon.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello, @Miffy10

I'm afraid that I have provided you with wrong information 😞 I'd like to update you on the new update regarding the issue that you are facing.

The iOS support for ‘editing’ was dropped on iOS 8 devices starting the week of April 18th while using the HP Sprocket app. 

We recommend you upgrade your iOS device to iOS 9 or later.  This will enable support for the Editing feature in the Sprocket app. You may have to delete and reinstall the Sprocket app after updating to iOS 9 or later.

If you cannot upgrade at this point, you can try using some 3rd party editing software. Some recommended 3rd party editing apps are: Pic Collage, Aviary, Snapseed, and Photoshop Express.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you so much Mr Vortex. I actually figured it out myself but thank you for replying. It would be useful if HP could publicise this a bit more since it would have saved messing about. Also the advisors I accessed via Messenger had absolutely no clue! Their first advice was use the printer via the app(!!) Sigh!

Thank you again for your help.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Miffy10

Thanks for the update 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.