Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have an issue. I don't think I an going to get any help or further support though from HP. I have had many communications with them and one is still open now but I hold little hope. There was clearly a built in hardware issue with a large batch of sprockets but HP are so far not willing to address this and replace them. I find it somewhat sad when a company of this size does not acknowledge a clear manufacturing defect and have an in house plan and budget to right their wrong without causing customer dissatisfaction. 

Kevin.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Kevin,

I had the same issue. The only way is to bring it to the repair center. I got mine exchanged for a new Sprocket since my warranty was not over yet. Other than that I don’t think you can do anything with it. I find it ridiculous that there is no way to update the firmware if the BT connection does not work. But it seems to be the case. Or it might require very specific knowledge to work around that. And still it might be that there is a (common?) hardware issue with the BT connection.

HP Recommended

Thanks Kevin.  I’ve got warranty via the shop my husband bought it in.  

HPs stance on this is very disappointing.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.