Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have had the same issue regarding the viewfinder. I have only owned my sprocket 2-in-1, for less than a month. From the very second that I removed the device from its original packaging I have had the issue of not being able to close the viewfinder. I have searched and searched and searched 4 any information or assistance regarding this issue and on all the HP forums, HP Representatives have responded with different websites to visit in order to obtain assistance. All that is fine and well however none of those websites are actually available anymore when you click on them. That or the domain does not exist. Does anyone at HP or elsewhere know why this is such a recurring issue with this device why it is happening or how to fix it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mrs-H-N-Emery

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Here's all you need to know about the viewfinder:

Turn on Camera Mode by opening the Viewfinder, and then take an instant photo.

1. Load HP Sprocket Photo Paper.

2. Turn on the Sprocket, and then press down on the Viewfinder.

The Viewfinder opens.

CAUTION:

Do not pull up on the Viewfinder or try to pry it open. This can break the locking mechanism.

1. Press down on the Viewfinder

2. The Viewfinder opens

3. Raise the Viewfinder to your eye, and then press down on the Shutter button.

The instant photo prints.

Example of the instant photo printing

Refer to Page.5 of your product's user guide for more details: Click here

If the issue persists, we may need to repair the device as it could be a hardware malfunction, refer to my private message for more details:

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.