Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Has anyone found a successful way to close the viewfinder? I was so excited to get the Sprocket and am now totally bummed about this aggravating design flaw.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear Customer

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Thanks for reporting the issue

Believe you are using HP Sprocket 2-in-1.

Kindly go thrugh below link for HP Documents for resolution to close your viewfinder

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c05703490

Hope this information supports your trouble shooting. Keep updated on the outcome. All the best! 

I am an HP Employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended
This page says nothing about viewfinder issues. Where exactly are you suggesting I look on this page?
HP Recommended

Hi Suns143,

Can i know how do you open the view finder?

We need to push it and it will auto pop-up. When you want to close it, just push again, you can feel and hear of a "click" then the view finder will be locked.

However, when you open the view finder, if you pull it up instead of push it, the inside component may got damaged. In that case, you may need to go to the customer service to let the staff fix it for you.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

When I received my Sprocket, I read the instructions and charged it. After charging it, I pressed down on the viewfinder gently, and it smoothly popped up as expected, but then it would not close.

I also noticed before I charged it that the cable was not included. 

So while I understand that an adaptor is not included, the cable was not in the box but was supposed to be in the box. I have tons of adaptors and micro-USB charging cables, so I did not think much about it.

To ensure I am making clear that I understand the Sprocket does not include an adaptor, please note I performed Step 1 with my own cable since the box did not include a cable. I then connected and charged the Sprocket.

1. To charge, insert the micro-USB charging cable into the HP Sprocket Printer.
2. Connect the USB cable to a charging adaptor (not included) and plug into a power outlet.

Because the cable was missing, and the viewfinder is not closing, I suspect this was a previously returned item. I will box it up and return it for a refund.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.