Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 2-in-1

I received this device for Christmas, and I turned in on popped up the viewfinder and took a few pictures.  When I went to print from my mobile device, I pressed the viewfinder down but it will not stay.  I don't want to force it, as a simple press to open and close is what the instructions say.  Please advise.  thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@kr0wsbud

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP Sprocket 2-in-1. I read that after you clicked some pictures, you tried to print them from the sprocket. When you press the viewfinder down, it will not stay. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you in this case.

I did some research on this case and came across this HP document. Please attempt the steps mentioned in "What if the instant photo does not print when using the camera?". Thes steps should get the printing to life again. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

@mashloh

It looks like you were interacting with Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

This seems to be an issue with the ViewFinder locking mechanism. I would request you to contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of the HP suggestions seem to show an understanding of the problem. The view finder does not close. Resetting the printer does not help.

HP Recommended

Poor technical support, I would have thought most people would have refered to their users manual before trying here.

The advice offered here is beyound basic.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.