Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket

Doen the reset, still same problem. First 9 sheets printed fine; now I’m kept in the queue for all eternity... 😡

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Jotje,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!  As I understand you are having issues while printing from HP Sprocket. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

Are you getting any type of error message on your HP Sprocket app? Also, was the printer working previously? Let me know.

As you mentioned that you have already perform a reset on the printer and still having the issue. I would personally suggest you could try to update the printer firmware.

How do I upgrade my printer firmware?

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP Sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• , tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• , the printer firmware is up-to-date.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would recommend you to try and connect the printer to a different phone and check. If the Sprocket is not connecting to an alternate phone, then it could be a hardware issue with the Sprocket and I'd advise you contact the HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I had already updated the firmware before, also uninstalled/reinstalled the app.

Eventually, I did get the sprocket to print 2 foto's. The little "clock" logo at the printer changed to green, indicating it was online. After the two pictures, it was still green, and I sent a third print job. That one never got printed, because the sprocket went offline again. I've been trying for the past hour or so (one has time, right?), but to no avail. Very disappointing. I had just ordered a paper refill, but think I will return it together with the procket. Apparently it wasn't meant to be.

I'm gonna stay with my Canon Selphy. Though far less portable, it never has failed me and is already 3 years old!

HP Recommended

Hi @Jotje,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand you have already tried to update the firmware on the printer and still having the issue, I would suggest you could to perform a reset on the Sprocket and check if that helps.

If the issue persists even after performing a reset, I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.