Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
2FB96A

ok my 2 in 1 sprocket is locked up.  It will not power down?  or link to my phone.  I pushed with a straight pin a reset button located near the charger then held the off button 3 seconds but nothing is working. 

please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@roberta5,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the sprocket is not powering off and it is not connecting to your phone.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • What phone are you using? Android/iOS

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.
  2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.
  4. MenuTap the icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/581/c05670402.gif, and then tap sprocket.
  5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Look for a firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.displays
    • Get Firmware , tap
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

If the issue persists, I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.